Wednesday, 14 December 2011

The best of the rest...

It could be suggested that all we seem to have done recently is watch the conservatory rise up out of the ground, but over the past few weeks we have been doing some other things...honest!

  • In November we had Abi's exchange partner, Andrea, stay with us.  We had a busy week, but she had a great time and so did we because she was lovely! 
  • Beth turned 13 - she had a sleepover so we ended up with 10 people for breakfast...that's a lot of pancakes (special birthday request from Beth!)
  • Beth went to a Ventures Holiday reunion while I popped up to London to see Mum.  We had a lovely time celebrating our birthdays and enjoyed the lovely weather and creme brulee cupcakes!
  • I turned the big 4-0 at the beginning of December and had two birthday parties and several meals out with friends to mark the occasion.
    
  • My lovely friend Leah came to stay with us for a week and we had a great time catching up and celebrating my actual birthday together.


Abi and Andrea
The aftermath of the 13th birthday sleepover...but it's only lemonade...honest!
Me and Mum in London enjoying the sunshine :)

Waiting for my party to start...or was it over by now...?
40! And in the pink...though by accident rather than by design :)
I've also been working on my discipleship stuff for church...watch this space for more developments...

Work has been busy with Christmas rehearsals and the play itself, Christmas crafts (I'm sorry, but I really, really, really HATE glitter!) and trying to fit in my one-to-one work with the child I work with. But as for now, I'm off to sort out the Christmas cards.  I've already written 24 for the children in my class and another 20 to the staff, but I haven't even begun to think about any others...til now!




No comments: