Thursday, 11 February 2016

18 months of silence...

Good grief...

To anyone that bothers to pop past you must have thought I'd moved off the planet or maybe given up on social media all together.

Well...a brief summary of the past year and a half...I'll do it in bullet points or this entry will be as long as all the others...

  • Bex's motorbike fascination didn't last all that long as she unfortunately had an accident during the summer of 2014.  Both the bike and her are fixed...but surgery on her broken wrist has left her with a plate holding her arm together that means that she can't bend her wrist all that well. We're left holding the bike now - anyone want one that's not done a lot of mileage? 
  • I've now finished working as a teaching assistant, leaving my job in July 2015 to start part time as community worker (minister-in-training) at my home church.  This is in conjunction with a place at South Wales Baptist College to do a ministerial formation course and a place at Cardiff University to study for a Masters in Theology.
    This is very full on - but I'm loving it!
  • Last Summer Bex finished her year in industry and moved back home from her lovely little flat in Yeovil for a few weeks before heading back for her final year at Exeter University.  She's now trying to pull everything together for her dissertation project and all her final assignments while also applying for jobs.
  • Abi completed her A-levels last summer too.  She is now doing a year with Youth For Christ, currently based in Coalville in Leicestershire.  It's been a challenging year for her so far, but I am hopeful that God will use this year to lead her on to great things.
  • Beth is now in 6th form having completed her GCSE's - she's busy studying though finding the work load quite intense.
  • Andy gave up his role as Gloucester Table Tennis Association match secretary which he'd done for a number of years and is now enjoying just playing for both the Gloucester and Stroud leagues.
Does that sum up 18 months...doesn't seem a lot when I write it down...there is a lot more I could include I guess, but for now...at least that's an update.

Hopefully more to follow...!

No comments: